Sunday, November 23, 2008

Check These Out


I saw two films this weekend. Saturday, I went and saw "Rachel Getting Married". I really did not know much about this film going in, except that it starred Anne Hathaway. I had heard a number of good things about her performance and I was not disappointed. The scenes at the rehearsal and wedding suck you in, making you really feel like you are present. Check out a trailer and clip of the film here.

The second film, "The Visitor", I viewed at home thanks to the wonders of Verizon FIOS. It was a film released back in April of this year starring Richard Jenkins, the ghost dad from Six Feet Under, as a college professor coasting through life. I never got around to seeing it, but glad I finally did. A quiet film, so be prepared. Here is another trailer, thanks to the people at Apple.

Both films featured music as parts of the story, which possibly played a part in my enjoyment level. I also pretty much only enjoy dramas, so that may be part of it as well. Check them out!!

No comments: